Monday, December 8, 2008

It's Monday morning and I'm tired. I'm sporting my uniform of choice, Kooga blue warm ups with my new favorite long sleeve t-shirt, NY 7's 50th Annual. I just caught the "D"amnfast to the city (aka Manhattan) and I didn't even have to wait. I'm heading to the gym for a workout out. With the start of week four, in the latest fitness program, I'm at the point in this cycle where "routine" sets in. When I wake up in the mornings I have the mental and physical expectation that I'm going to the gym or going to do a workout. I find it easier to work out consistently and maintain a routine than starting, stopping, and starting up again. When I miss workouts I struggle to find my stride. My motivations wanes and then I play head games with myself to get going again. For this reason, I try not to miss work outs.

At times I can not help it and have to reschedule trainings due to work. In the case of December, Saturday is a selling day. This month I'm vending at holiday markets every weekend leading up to Christmas. I kicked off my first one last Saturday at the
Knitting Factory, a music performance space turned into a one day shopping wonderland. There were a few familiar rugby faces in the crowd, Kat and friends and JD and her mom stopped by. Thanks for visiting. I spotted NYRC alumn Jen Epstein who was doing some holiday shopping. This coming weekend, I have two events, one Saturday, one Sunday. What was I thinking? Before booking the second event I thought, Santacon sounds like fun, but I'd rather make money. So I have a local school fair on Saturday followed by the big one the next day. I'll be at the Bust Holiday Craftacular. The name may sound funny, but with over 200 vendors, people apparently line up around the block to get in. This will be the largest market I've participated in to date. I had several sleepless nights last week preparing for the Knitting Factory event. I expect more this week too.

With the expectation of long work days, I find I'm eager to do my workouts, for the reasons mentioned earlier. More rest coupled with better food would help my cause. But I'm hoping the training will somehow boost my immune system to keep me going through the holiday work season.

No comments:

Post a Comment