Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Moving on: Life after Rugby

Yesterday I had my final visit with my PT, Matt. Knowing I was away for try outs, his first question was "So, how'd it go?" "I didn't make it." It wasn't so bad telling Matt maybe because I readied myself for it. I'd been working with him since last August, so I knew he'd want to know. On my way out another therapist inquired too. "I didn't make it," I told her. Part of her response, "there's next time," struck a nerve.

I don't belive there will be a next time. My belief is never say never. But as far as playing international rugby for the US, I'm pretty certain that I will not have this opportunity again. In part, I'm ready for new challenges, experiences, and spending quality time with friends and family away from a rugby pitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment