Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just back from a running work out. I've felt pretty good the last two days. The fact that my feet were pain free was especially helpful. Since the summer, I've been experiencing different types of pain, in not one but both feet. Unlike the time, I got frostbitten toes from playing rugby in the snow in Iowa, this pain has not subsided. At times, it's been painful to walk. So I finally went to a podiatrist. One diagnosis, Achilles tendonitis is the one the plagues me the most, at times wreaking havoc with my ability to have quality running workouts. For now orthodics and stretching are key to taking care of my feet.

Foot issues aside, being 100% present during my workouts over the last two days has improved the overall quality. With two major work events last weekend now over, I was not thinking about projects or what I had to do. Instead I was focused solely on running: is my form right? how's my turn over frequency? how's my foot striking the ground?

Part of my feedback after the Arkansas camp was to improve the intensity of my workouts. I believe taking care of my feet and being present will definitely help me achieve that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your feet are feeling healthier!

    But I noticed you found a way to work in an attack on Iowa's weather. How unfortunate that you find your frostbite experience so relevant to so many other topics! hahahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh JenS. Welcome back. And thanks for stopping by. I realize you may be sensitive on issues regarding Iowa. Please note, I was merely stating the facts.

    ReplyDelete