Thursday, October 2, 2008

The $25 Challenge

Two nights ago I dreamed about eating escargot, which I had for the first time on Monday. My dream was inspired by a divine meal of luscious scallops and risotto with mushroom that cost $24. That's pretty good for eating out in the city. As I was web surfing last night, I came across the $25 Challenge. This initiative grew out of the Illinois Food Bank Association's participation in Hunger Action Month as a means to "highlight the struggle that families in Illinois face in accessing nutritious food." Eight of the organization's director's attempted to live off of $25 for a week, from September 22-28. Although this has passed, I'd like to see if I can do this. I think I can. The tricky part is that I'll be traveling for NRUs this weekend. And I usually eat out. Hmm. I still think I can do this. Food is important for training and all the more when doing two a day workouts. The cherry juice and greek yogurt will likely have to go this week. There's definitely no room for escargot. Jules likes to say "Eat to Win." So here's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment