Friday, October 10, 2008

The $25 challenge: Day Seven

Wednesday, Day 7: To my shock and horror, I lost some time on a newly "discovered" website that I forgot to eat breakfast. I finally had my first meal of the day early afternoon, ate again, snack here, meal there. Fast forward and my $25 challenge is over.

Over the last week, I learned or was reminded that:
  • Eating on $25 a week is possible, but I like food too much to make this a regular habit.
  • Like training, eating to win takes commitment. With a challenging schedule, I need to do a better job fueling my body by eating at regular intervals.
The challenge is over. That's a good thing especially since I'm hosting some ruggers this weekend. With $4.61 left over from the challenge and an unlimited food budget, I made a stop at the new Trader Joe's in town. At least when on the budget, I paid closer attention to the prices. Today, I spent $7 plus on organic orange juice. That would have been nearly 30% of my challenge budget. Regular pulp free OJ suits me fine. In contrast to last week, I felt as though I was splurging to buy nuts, multiple dairy products, and chocolate almond milk.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi Whitman pointed me towards you blog. I have added you to my Links section, can I be added to yours?

    Good luck with all of your training and kick some major butt!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We told you Facebook would be an addiction! But it's a wonderful one, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete