Friday, November 14, 2008

TGIF: My week in Review

When you work for your self there's really never a day off. There's always something to do.
  • Monday was mostly a loss. Spent the morning flying, the afternoon crying, and my evening at craft night. Actually, craft night was a good distraction. Bought the best baklava on Fifth Avenue.
  • Tuesday I spent the entire day indoors, working and eating baklava.
  • Wednesday  I spent much of my day at the Supreme Court of Kings County reporting for jury duty. There was a lot a waiting which afforded me time to be still, read, and knit. With 2 hours for lunch it's no wonder government is unproductive. However, it was enough time for me to run into the city to purchase screenprinting ink, stop at Starbucks, Pearl Paint, only to hurry back to wait around with other potential jurors.
  • Thursday I returned for day 2 of jury duty. Like the previous day, there was waiting, knitting and reading. Finally my name was called. I was number two seated in the jury box.  I managed to convince the prosecution and/or the defense attorneys that they did not want me on the panel. Two hour lunch break again. Ran an errand in the rain, went home, came back. Myself and two others were dismissed from the jury pool in the afternoon. 
  • Friday, It's back to work. I've got a bit to do in preparation for Sunday. I'll be at BIM. This morning was about getting things done, doing the necessary administrative stuff. This afternoon,  I actually get to do part of my job I enjoy most.  I'm printing on fabric and mixing colors. It feels great to be productive. I'm happy to be working. TGIF.

No comments:

Post a Comment