Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sadeana's Hat


Sadeana's Hat- Finally

On my first trip to Little Rock in the fall of 2005 I was knitting a brown cable scarf. Somewhere between her house and a trip to Walmart, that I vaguely remember, I promised Sadeana that I would knit her something. She decided on a hat. 2006 came and went, as did 2007. On occasion when I'd see Sad, she ask, "How's my hat coming along?" I kept promising. In September of last year, I finally started it. I had it at the Bronxville camp. I hoped to finish in time for September's Little Rock camp. That didn't happen. Well, it took a few years but I finished it the Monday after the last Little Rock camp and sent it in the mail last week.

Sad- Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

  1. That's a cool hat :)

    I've not posted a comment before but wanted to tell you that your honesty and willingness to communicate your experience has been and continues to be an inspiration to me. I'm sorry I didn't say that earlier...

    Regards,
    Dana T.

    PS there is a next path to take that does include a "next time" for potentially repping your country, still being a high level athlete and meeting more friends around the world, (ususally) without getting the bumps and bruises (unless a guy from the Bahamas runs you over from behind ;) and where "they" and not you pay for hotels, flights, etc...get Annie & Laker to teach you front row black magic and come ref w/ me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other than learning front row black magic, would I actually have to know the laws?

    Thanks for sharing your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eventually you'd want to learn the laws and some front row black magic, yes. But initially you want to help Rugby happen.

    In every situation, the "checklist" is Safety, Equity and Law, with the 1st 2 being 'first' by a long ways. The reality is if something is safe and the opportunity for contest is equitable then it's probably ok in Law (even if you can't quote it)...and vice versa.

    Fake it till you make it baby!! :)

    DT

    ReplyDelete